In search of a forearm walking frameWalking Frame Forearm is Available in Farmasi 727, Kepong Baru, Kuala Lumpur. A walking frame where body weight rests upon forearms and shoulders
Walking Frame plus Forearm Elbow Press Platform
Walking Frame plus Forearm Elbow Press Platform is available in Farmasi 727 Kepong Baru, Kuala Lumpur
Industry builds this Walking Frame plus Forearm Elbow Press Platform
- (1) for those who are not able to straighten their elbows and
- (2) for those who need better balancing. Usually they have weak core muscles at their vertebrates.
- Further, it offers additional support in the form of padded gutters. This thereby allows the user to rest their forearms comfortably, and grip the upright handles in a fist grip, making it ideal for someone with hand/arm impairments.
A study was done and it concluded that using the forearm support-based walker i.e forearm walking frame led to
- (1) upright body posture,
- (2) offloaded portions of body weight from the lower extremity, and
- (3) improved gait efficiency during ambulation--- in comparison to the SR and the participants' own PD.
Some Features of Forearm Walking Frame :
- Type: Walker & Rollator
- Material: Anodized aluminum frame
- Color: silver
- Feature: Comfortable padded armrests
- Usage of Forearm Walking Frame: indoor & outdoor
- Weight: 4.5kg
- Capacity: 135kg
- Product Name of Forearm Walking Frame: Aluminum 4 leg Walker With Forearm Platform Armrest
- Forearm walking frame is suitable for some stroke patients who are not able to straighten their elbows due to the spasticity of the muscles of one of their arms. They therefore cannot press the hand down and grip the top of structure of ordinary walking frames for support. Hence these ordinary walking frames without the forearm platforms are of no help to this group of stroke patients.
Pointer : When looking for forearm walkers or forearm walking frame, remember to choose ones with the following features:
- light weight hence to help walking about with least physical strength and exertions
- no protruding bolts and nuts which might risk injuring skin on unintentional rubbings.
- wide enough base of the forearm walking frame to provide stability not to topple.
- the handles of the walking frame are easy to grip at with comfort.
- being non rusting is a bonus when users are frequenting moist areas like kitchen and toilets.
- quality rubber-tips at the legs of the forearm walking frame to provide adequate static friction with the floor to prevent slips and skids